May 19, 2012

Midget Drawing Final


If you didn't know already, in this case a midget isn't a small person.  It's actually in fact one of the coolest race cars in the history of all racing.  In fact, it's one of the first.  This particular midget races in the Rocky Mountain Midget Association.  The most common seen on TV is the USAC Midgets.  This is the same thing, but simply a different chapter of the sport.

In any case, this is my final drawing project for a class of mine this Spring Semester at AAU.  I'm quite pleased with myself with this simple charcoal pencil drawing on newsprint.  This was direct drawn, which is quite hard - especially for myself.  I only made a couple mistakes and had to use an erasure just a couple times, but no under drawing period.  Except for some those couple places around the fingers every stroke is the final image you see here.  No build up, just the final piece.  I think this only took me an hour and some minutes to finish this.  I'm very satisfied with this drawing ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment