May 8, 2012

The Downhill Derby Cover Art: Final Composition


So, just finished with the cover art for my children's book "The Downhill Derby".  It's getting a script revision, and a storyboard tweak too.  I don't imagine this will be finished any time soon as the top priority is finishing my board game.  I hope to have this finished by the time I graduate though, which will be about a year and a half more to go.  School life doesn't give much free time to personal or side projects :P  Oh well, such as life. 


This was going to be my cover art, until I was inspired today.  It was a huge hurdle to get inspired btw.  I had to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator for the first time.  I have always hated Illustrator and it's because I don't know what the heck I'm doing.  It's more geared towards the designer mind set and not the artists mind set.  Anyways, I fought through it, and figured how to at least make the title art.  After that long painful moment, I must have found some inner passion and strength and after a few hours fighting with gradients, textures, colors, and shapes I managed to improve this original idea with the one you see on top.  I thank God, and God willing this will someday be read by some little kid and make his day.

1 comment:

  1. Nice man! Those are some diverse set of characters you got there! Can't wait for its completion!

    ReplyDelete