July 12, 2013

San Francisco Summer 2013 - Part II


Back for more San Francisco action.  Here is a shot from the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.  It's only a few blocks from the main Academy of Art University central office.  Surprisingly, it usually isn't busy.  It's a great place to find some private time to eat/read/or take a nice break from all the business of the city.  

For those of you who don't know, these photos are from my stay in San Francisco during an event for online students at the Academy of Art University.  It was a great chance to see the city, meet other online students in person, get a tour of the campus, plus we also got a tour of EA Games.
 






These stairs reminded me of those amazing stair shots found in Resident Evil and Parasite Eve.  I actually liked the still camera shots used in the early Resident Evil games.  They let the game have a movie type feeling.  Those shots just had so much control of the mood.





There's not much going on Sunday mornings.  It's about the only time you can experience such a relaxed San Francisco, especially downtown.



Yes, that is a picture of Will Smith in front of the box.  This guy is always amazing to listen to.



This cafe really needs "maids".  They already have the dainty tea sets on the tables, and lolita dresses in the window.

Well, there isn't much for me to buy for myself here, but I love the decor.  You know, I have always wanted to have a visual kei aristocrat outfit for times like this.  Just think Megaromania.  I love the drummers outfit in this video: Megaromania - Cynthia PV



I have only used these once.  I have no idea what to do with out my Japanese friends in that box of cutely tortures.


Japantown is one of my favorite places to hang and grab some great food.  I usually end up spending too much money on anime/game artbooks at the Kinokuniya Bookstore.  This is also THE spot to get some delicious crepes.




Grace Cathedral.  The architecture here is just fabulous.  I believe parts of it were cloned from Notre Dame.  Also, some of the history of San Francisco is painted as murals on the walls of the cathedral.  It's definitely one of the must see sights of the city.  However, it's basically at the top of San Fran, and I don't mean the north.  It's a steep walk up and up and up.  I think it should be every tourists goal to walk from the cable car stop at Powell St and Market St all the way up to Grace Cathedral.  They should give every tourist a medal for completing the climb too.




No comments:

Post a Comment